Monday, November 22, 2010

Living to Laugh

I love to laugh.  I do.  I really, really do.  I love to giggle, snort, and guffaw over silly things, funny things, even sad things sometimes.  I love to be with good friends that get inside jokes.  I love to laugh with my kids.  I love to hear stories from my mother and then mock her and laugh with her.  The Committee can always make me giggle and smile.  We even have a running argument amongst us...who is funnier? 

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.  ~e.e. cummings

I truly believe this quote.  I have been in a cranky mood the past few days.  I wonder to myself why?  Then I think, I haven't heard a whole lot of laughter going through my house over the past few days.  I have heard and said some snappish words, but have not been a part of joy and giggles.  I have been too busy bogged down by things that are not that serious at all.  Things that really should only be periphery items.  You know, these worries should be on the periphery of my concerns...not the center of my world.  But that happens sometimes, doesn't it?  All of sudden, we are focusing on the non-important rather than the important...Loving, Laughing, and Living. 

I watched this today (on http://www.chattingatthesky.com/) and all of a sudden, a smile was on my face, my body was dancing ever so subtly, and something was changing a bit in my psyche.  


Every once in a while, we have to shed the seriousness and let it all pass by to enjoy the day.  I need to take advantage of happiness and joy that is offered to me each new morning.  I need to overlook the clutter that has formed in my mind.  I need to move around the junk and feel the love, bathe in laughter, and really live in my wonderful life.  
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

No comments: