Friday, December 3, 2010

Better Late Than Never

I truly would be remiss if I let this thankful season of Thanksgiving get by me without mentioning a word of thanks.  We had a wonderfully, busy holiday season.  It was filled with great friends, family, and food...the full trifecta!! 

We started the holiday with seven little friends spending the night for a sleepover.  I've never had a sleepover before, and I must admit I was a bit nervous if I would make a good sleepover "mama."  But, come to find out, we did pretty well.  It was tons of fun for all of us...the boys especially, but I will say that The Committee and I mostly enjoyed watching our boys interact with their friends...I could easily be a stalker mom because I love to watch my kids in everyday situations!! 


{Even The Tiniest Hair is getting into the mix.}

 {The kids had never seen Twister before}

{The Committee dominated everyone in a game of four-square.}

Then, we went on to my sister's new house in East Tennessee for a family Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday.  The day was gorgeous...the weather, the food, and the fellowship.  My family was so excited to get there to see her family and roam around their beautiful new home.  We were able to spend the day with my father and stepmother.  It was a treat, as we do not get to see them as often as we would like.  We were thrilled for the blessings that have been placed in my sister's life over the past year.  They moved to Knoxville on a dream, and God has made sure to make everything in their life wonderful...for right now, as my mom says for we never know what tomorrow will hold.  It was a great day that we will all remember.

Then, on Saturday, we welcomed my husband's family to our home along with my sister's family and my mother.  It was another gorgeous day.  All of my boys were able to run wild with their cousins on both sides of the family.  The jumped, wrestled, and laughed their way through the day.  There is nothing sweeter for me than standing in my kitchen window and looking out to see my children frolicking with friends and family in our yard.  These carefree moments for my children cross-off any hardship or stress of providing a good life for me and The Committee.  I would sacrifice any physical want in order to see them be children enjoying all of God's blessings.

Thou who hast given so much to me, give me one more thing… a grateful heart! ~George Herbert

It was truly a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.  It was a holiday that I was and will be thankful for for quite a while.  

These precious days made me think how thankful I am for the small messes around my house because of the little people that make them.  I am beyond thankful for the marriage spats that I have with The Committee because it means that I have a loving husband that comes home to me each night.  I am thankful for the "stressful family moments" because it means that I have family surrounding me in my life.  I am thankful for the sleepy mornings because I am blessed to be given a baby that needs me to tend to him.  I am thankful for the worries for our future because I am blessed to have a God that I trust in and can confide in to watch over my life.  I could go on and on...but, for someone who once worried and stewed over the insignificant is now realizing that I am beyond blessed to focus on the simple...my friends, my family, and my faith. 
I am beyond thankful!!

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy



No comments: