Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

As I sit here on this beautiful Christmas eve, I think of all that I have been given throughout my years.  Outside as a cold, crisp, white snow builds upon my grass, my heart is warmed by the love that has been given unconditionally by so many of those around me.  Inside, it is warm and cozy as I hear Santa coming through the house, and I remember those that are alone and shivering on this Christmas Eve.  I type while a variety of emotions swirl through my heart. 

I think of my sweet children dreaming in their beds.  I long for the feelings I had as a child anticipating the miracle of a Christmas morning.  I wish for the love that I felt with family tonight for all those in the world that have a hole in their heart.  I pray for health and happiness for all of my family, friends and loved ones across this city, state, and country.  I rejoice for the God that gave up His Son for me and my house; and as a small amount of repayment for a gift that can't be repaid, we WILL serve the Lord. 

Merry Christmas to all of you!  I pray that your day will be blessed with love and kindness.

As I crawl into my bed, these words will chorus through my head...

O Holy Night~
O holy night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
'Til He appear'd and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! O hear the angels' voices!
O night divine, O night when Christ was born;
O night divine, O night, O night Divine.

No comments: