Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Life = A Mess


The Committee.  He's true to his word, he's true to his beloved, and he's beyond grown-up.  You see, I explained myself, the Rat's Nest, to you very early on.  I told you a bit of how I'm that mess and jumble of hair that never seems to get worked out.  I was not exaggerating.  You might be thinking...She's a true grown-up...She's got four children...She has a house...She stays home to take care of everyone. Oh, how wrong you would be! 

I am so far from a grown-up it is almost laughable.  It is not that I strive to be Peter Pan-ish.  No, I want, with all my might, to be responsible and full of grown-up-ness.  But, it isn't in me.  I'm a third child.  I never was one to see the truth in birth order, until I had four children of my own.  The third little miracle seems to float through the world on an emotional roller coaster living on a wing and a prayer.  I'm not that far off from that description.  Generally things go as planned (at the last minute!), but then there are those times (very frequently) when things seem to morph into their own progression.  The situation at hand becomes out of control in the blink of an eye without any effort from me. 

But, life for The Committee is just the opposite.  Almost everything he does is planned and executed as previously organized.  He's beyond responsible; I continually drop the ball.  He is always planning; I tend to only plan social occasions.  He is always following through; I lack stick-to-it-iveness.  We are opposites in most things.  But, somehow, thanks be to the Lord, we work. 

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away. 

We are able to complement one another in the many ways that we are different.  We are able to meld together to get things done, not always late and not always early.  We can see our differences and appreciate them in one another.  It seems that the more that I know about him, the more I love about him.  Whereas, the more that I know about our world, the more lost I seem to be.  It is just the opposite for The Committee, the more he sees, the more he knows.  

I think the only way that we could have gotten to this place in our life is through God's grace.  Through His favor, my husband and I came together.  Something changed in me during the first few weeks that we knew each other.  I seemed to know a little bit more each day that this person was made for me.  We have worked hard to become better people and parents of four little people that are a combination of all of our strengths and weaknesses.  My life has never been better.  Through the faith that we have, our family is able to get through our days trusting in Him to deliver us to a better place.  My husband is the other half of my heart, and the love that I have for him grows more each day.  Happy Birthday, sweet man.  To you, I give all my love forever!

John 1:16 ~ From the fullness of His grace we have received one blessing after another.

No comments: