Thursday, January 6, 2011

Little Gifts...


{Two years ago, if you asked my husband or me
if we would ever be needing to buy another high chair,
we would have both said no!
Here's to learning that our lives aren't always ours to plan
and some of the best gifts are not always what we think we need!!
Bring on the cheerios!}

We were certain that we were in control with all that we had going on in our lives.  As a family, we had just moved to Nashville to start a new life.  The Committee was working hard.  I was raising our three boys contemplating when I might go back to work.  Then our lives were changed when we went to a wedding in Chicago.  We went away as two carefree parents ready to enjoy a child-free weekend in the Windy City, and without knowing it, we came back with a whole new future that would include a new baby boy the following winter!

Living on this side of it all, I am able to see how wonderful things are for us now.  The Tiniest Hair is full of such joy!  He brings a smile to my face every day.  His small tricks are monumental to me.  I didn't really take the time to smell the roses with my other three boys like I do with my Tiny Hair. 

To give it all up and let my life go in a direction that I hadn't planned, has been hard yet amazing.  The Committee and I both surrendered to God's plan and prayed each day that whatever is His will shall be His way.  I don't feel as though I always agree with His way, but so far this plan is so much better than one that I could have come up with on my own.  I have many thanks for my many blessings!

No comments: