Monday, May 16, 2011

Ah, May ~ My Love/Hate Relationship

For May is a beautiful month, but also a month to be despised, in my opinion.  It comes upon us with reminders of summers past, graduations that came and went, and a day spent showering our favorite mama.  But, it is, quite easily, the fastest month on my calendar.  It seems as if there is something planned on every single day. 

How can we celebrate the great moments without being overwhelmed by the pace?

Breathe.  Take a deep one.  Settle down and focus on the important.  Pull out the "get out of jail free" card and say no to those items, tasks, and appointments that can wait until the hum-drum of the summer months set in on you. 

Rome wasn't built in a day. Therefore, not every single hope, desire, or dream will be attained in this one month.  I keep telling myself to slow down and live simply.  This month is testing my willpower and commitment to the simple.  But, every breath by deep breath, I'll make it through this whirlwind month.  I hope you do, too!

No comments: