Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Boys' Office

Last week, The Committee went to NYC for the week for work.  As always, I spent the week struggling with all of the juggling.  I continue to be in awe of all of my friends that have husbands that constantly travel and those of you that are single mothers.  I'm not sure how you do it!  I just don't function well on my own with little sleep.  So, I decided to keep my mind off of the lack of adult company and finish a project that I have been meaning to finish.

With summer break quickly approaching {less than two weeks}, I am starting to have heart palpitations.  I'm just not sure how to keep everyone entertained all of the time and it makes me panic.  So, I decided to turn one of our extra pantries in the kitchen into an office/art corner for the boys.  We truly are the least-handiest people you will ever meet...so don't look too closely at the handy-work.

This is how disorganized my pantry looks at all times...
now all of this is tucked nicely {wink, wink} away in cabinets.




And this is the new office.  The boys feel so grown up with their own space.


I'm sure this will not solve all of our summertime problems, but maybe it will help. 
If not, it might be the perfect time-out spot!

No comments: