Friday, September 10, 2010

Whew! What a week!

{The Wild Hair - During a dinner we had with a house full of The Committee's old fraternity brothers
...it's hard to be a party animal!} 


Well, having four children has finally caught up with me.  I have been thinking it was easy, breezy.  And, it kinda is.  But, I have had a week that has shown me that it can also be busy, tricky, tiring, fun, and exasperating. 

The Committee had a group of friends from back in the fraternity days come over for dinner last night.  The two older boys are in full swing in big school.  The two little boys have completed their first full week of mother's day out.  I've been trying to thin out closets, work out on a regular basis, cook healthier meals, and finish a fun book.  Whew!

I read trashy books.  I can admit it.  I don't read anything too educational or too heavy, for I don't have that many brain cells to lend to someone else.  So, I read contemporary literature (chik-lit, if you will), and I love it!  I am pretty sure that I have even spotted Fabio on a few covers of the books on my Kindle. 

In this week's book, one of the characters was detailing her fairy tale life.  She wanted to live in the suburbs...I do.  She wanted to be married to her best friend...I am.  She wanted to have four children...that's me.  She wanted to be able to get together with her best friends on a regular basis and laugh...I live for these nights.  It was so odd as I read this book to see that her dream was my life.  It is easy to get bogged down in life and think that things are so rough.  But, then one day someone spells out your life as their dream.  You look around as though they might be crazy, but you know what, we are all blessed in so many ways.  We just have take the time to see it. 

Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward in the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence.  ~Og Mandino

Throughout the whole week, I couldn't stop smiling.  You see, I may be busy, but I don't really have that much to worry about.  I have friends that have to be at work at a certain time; not me.  I have friends that have marital problems; not me.  I have friends that have very sick children; not me.  I really only have to get my kids to and from school on time, clean my house, and love on my sweet husband.  But, as my mother tells me, everything is fine "for right now".  We aren't ever sure what tomorrow will hold.  This is true.  So, today I will be thankful for all that I have "for right now" and let tomorrow bring what it may! 

May your days be many and your troubles be few.
May all God's blessings descend upon you.
May peace be within you, may your heart be strong.
May you find what you're seeking wherever you roam.
Irish Blessing

No comments: