Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Why Blog?


"I did not do this to change your mind about anything;
I did this to ease my own mind about everything."
Todd Snider, Memphis musician

I decided to start blogging about the life of my family and daily exchanges not for you, but for me.  You see, we live out in the rural sticks.  I have four rambunctious boys.  My husband works long hours.  I love my friends, but don't see them nearly enough.  I see my mother almost daily, and she is one of my best friends.  I can bounce ideas off of her, if need be.  But, I needed to live outside of my head and clearly lay out my life each day in journal form.  This blog serves that purpose.

It is very cheap therapy for me.  Free in fact.  I can write about issues that run through my head or explore random thoughts that struck me during the day.  I can explore how I feel about one thing or another and try to let the idea begin and end all in one blog post.  All the while, I can create a running diary for my family. 

I'm not sure how long I'll keep going.  I hit some dry patches of thought here and there.  Some days, I just need to be still, stop thinking, and just pray.  So, that's what I do. 

I'm not sure if sharing my deep thoughts is the right thing to do for you.  I'm not sure that you really even care about these fleeting thoughts.  I'm not really trying to change your mind on anything at all.  I'm just trying to rectify my life's adventures and ease my mind about everything. 

That's how I got here.  I love it for now.  I have found The Committee seems to like knowing what is going through this hyper-active head of mine too.  So, it works for us.  Hope it works for you too. As always, thanks for stopping by and being a part of our life! 

P.S.  I thoroughly recommend blogging to anyone.  It feels hard at first, but after a while it is a nice place to relax, sit back, and take a look at the world around us.  If you ever want to give it a try, please send me a blog for The Middle Place.  We can post it any Wednesday and see what feedback you might get!!  Just send it to my e-mail...mocurlee@yahoo.com  Come on...jump right in!

No comments: